The British Chevening Scholarships offer a remarkable opportunity for international students aspiring to pursue higher education in the United Kingdom. These scholarships, backed by the UK government, exemplify the nation’s dedication to nurturing global talent and forging enduring international connections. Through this program, individuals from diverse backgrounds and countries gain access to top-tier education at some of the UK’s most esteemed universities. Beyond the financial support, Chevening Scholarships foster cultural exchange and networking, enabling awardees to immerse themselves in British society’s vibrant tapestry while building invaluable global relationships. As a symbol of academic excellence and international collaboration, the British Chevening Scholarships continue to shape the futures of countless scholars, leaving an enduring impact on the global academic and diplomatic landscape.
Details About British Chevening Scholarships
- Scholarship Name: British Chevening
- Programs: Masters Degree
- Location: UK
- Deadline: 1 Nov 2022 (annual)
The Chevening Scholarships represent the United Kingdom government’s worldwide scholarship initiative, financially supported by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in conjunction with partner organizations. This initiative extends scholarships to exceptional individuals displaying leadership potential from across the globe, enabling them to pursue a master’s degree in any field at any British university.
Host Institution(s): British Chevening Scholarships
Any university in the UK
Level/Field(s) of study:
One year full-time taught Masters Degree Programme in any subject. Use the course finder to find eligible master’s degrees at every university across the UK.
- To qualify for a Chevening Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold citizenship in a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Commit to returning to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after the completion of your scholarship.
- Have successfully fulfilled all requirements for an undergraduate degree that qualifies you for admission to a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. Typically, this equates to achieving an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK, although specific course and university requirements may vary.
- Possess a minimum of two years of work experience, equivalent to approximately 2,800 hours.
- Apply to three distinct eligible UK university courses and secure an unconditional offer from one of these choices by the application deadline of July 13, 2023.
To apply for Chevening Awards, you must utilize the Chevening online application system, accessible via the ‘apply’ button on your country’s dedicated page. The application deadline is November 1, 2022, at 12:00 GMT (midday). For comprehensive application instructions, please visit the official website and refer to your specific country page.
Please join our WhatsApp Group for Quick Alerts.